Happy Campers

I do not have rights to print these photos- they are Erin’s. But she is high above in the clouds with her family returning home after a good long visit. Our family planned a trek into the wilderness and all but Andrew, Taite and I and Meghan’s family did it. It was primitive camping- no potable water, no “facilities”, nothing. Not even their cars. They hiked straight up into bonafide wilderness and camped. With babies!

Say "good bye" to civilization.

Apparently, even if you didn't have a baby of your own you were allowed to take a turn.

No baby on board? Not a problem there was lots of other stuff that needed hauled in too.

Freyja just slays me, hand on her hip, " Let's get a move on, can we?"

This briefly made me wish I'd braved the trip. Briefly.

My kids have always loved jumping off cliffs and they married spouses that like doing that too.

Probably the best way to cool off and clean up.

Fun things you can do in the wilderness

Wilderness dirt is so good it's worth eating.

Fishing was great.

A visitor showed up for one night telling tall tales to the kids

This little guy is a happy camper.

But I am pretty sure I'd have been reduced to this about 100 steps up the mountain.

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Miscellaneous and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Happy Campers

1. avatar doris says:

Just wonderful! :)

2. avatar Meghan says:

Those are some pretty fun pictures!

3. avatar Sharon Robertson says:

Yes, it is very impressive that they took this hike with such little ones. I never would have. Then again, I won’t even take the hike now – without little ones. Great pictures.

4. avatar Cindy says:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G adventures and I cannot wait to hear all the blood, sweat, and tears,details. Any wild beasts creeping into camp at night? Did the food hold out? Did they even sleep at night? It looked like a fun time for most. Poor, poor, Valiant. My heart aches for that little one in the last picture.

5. avatar Terri says:

Here is the really crazy thing, Cindy- Atlas was a terrible sleeper the first night so they put him in his Phil and Ted travel crib and zipped up the bug proof netting on it and there he slept outside the tent! No bug bit him in that crib and his parents slept better too.

You and me both, Sharon! In fact, if I look at these photos enough, I will begin to believe I was there too!

6. avatar Mere says:

Thanks for sharing! This is likely something I would prefer to observe through pictures as opposed to physically being present- I am what Jim Gaffigan calls, “indoorsy”. Freyja is a hoot!

7. avatar Michelle Young says:

Love it! Next time we fly out west we are coming along! With babies and all.

8. avatar Shari Keen says:

I have such admiration for the wilderness mentality…..I do!! I love to read about it….and yes….wish that I had some of that…that…whatever it is..in me. Alas…I don’t, never really have. I can honestly say that I’ve seen some cliffs in my time….but never came even close to jumping off one. All is not lost…in my “dotage” I’ve met the Pink Peppers….and they do it all. I so enjoy being on your sidelines.

9. avatar Terri says:

I think I may prefer reading about wilderness adventure too, Shari; though if my car is a short distance from the primitive adventure I am game. I think.

10. avatar Cindy says:

Who is in the one picture with Jarrett, Terri? I cannot believe that they put him OUTSIDE of the tent. CANNOT GET A GRIP ON THAT ONE!!!!!!

11. avatar Terri says:

That is Aileen with Jarrett.